The following is a listing of Kline's most egregious votes:
HR 1 Medicare Prescription Drug and Modernization Act of 2003
(Medicare Part D)
- Voted Yes - Providing the deciding vote
on the largest social welfare initiative since Johnson's Great
Society programs, the bill passed 216-215.
HR 3199 PATRIOT Act Reauthorization - 2005
- Voted Yes - To extend
the authority of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to conduct
"roving wiretaps" and access certain business records
through December 31, 2009, and makes the remaining 14 provisions of
the Patriot Act permanent.
HR 418 REAL ID Act of 2005
- Voted Yes - To establish a national ID
card through state mandates.
HR 2419 Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2007 (Farm Bill)
- Voted Yes - Overriding President Bush's
veto which extended farm subsidies and effectively repealed the
Freedom to Farm Act. President Bush stated, "this bill lacks
HR 1429 Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007
- Voted Yes - Inserting the Federal
Government into Education by authorizing $8 billion per year which is
$7,300 per child per year. Studies have shown this program has no
beneficial effect on future test scores.
HR 1424 Financial Asset Purchase Authority and Tax Law Amendments
(TARP) - 2008
- Voted Yes - $700 billion bank bailout.
HR 6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of
- Voted Yes - To override President Bush's
veto. The bill includes "end of life planning" and
expands Medicare coverage and compensation.
HR 3435 Supplemental Appropriation for the Cash for Clunkers Program
- Voted Yes - Spending tax dollars to
destroy perfectly good cars (productive capital), demonstrating a
lack of understanding of basic economic principles.
HR 3548 Extending Federal Emergency Unemployment Benefits and
Providing Business and Homebuyer Tax Credits - 2009
- Voted Yes - Consistently voting in favor
of counter-productive government distortions to the markets.
S 365 Budget Control Act of 2011
- Voted Yes - For a $2.4 trillion increase
in the debt ceiling.
HR 347 Federal Restricted Building and Grounds Improvement Act of
- Voted Yes - To further reduce our freedom
S 990 PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011
- Extends the expiration date of the USA PATRIOT
Act to June 1, 2015.
HR 1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
- Voted Yes - For the indefinite detention
for Americans on U.S. soil without a trial.
HR 3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act - 2012
- Voted Yes - For government controls on
HR 5949 FISA Amendments Act Reauthorization of 2012 - 2012
- Voted Yes - Allows electronic eavesdropping without cause.
HR 8 American Tax Payer Relief Act of 2012 - 2013
- Voted Yes - For the "Fiscal Cliff" Deal, increasing taxes with no spending cuts.